Better patient care & the technology you need - when you need it.
UMS: The Proven Mobile Solution
United Medical Systems Inc. (UMS) is the pioneer for a variety of transportable medical services in the United States. UMS provides advanced mobile medical services to hospitals, surgery centers and offices across the country, as well as international markets. The unique transportable platform offers the appearance of a full-time, in-house program, without incurring the cost and burden associated with a fixed program.
Founded in Germany in 1988, UMS introduced the concept of shared mobile medical services for Shock Wave Lithotripsy. The development of MR Fusion Prostate Biopsy and Laser Lithotripsy programs establish the company as an innovative international provider in urological services. Partnering with medical facilities ranging from hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and physician offices to medical equipment manufacturers, UMS is an internationally recognized company and has performed more than 1,000,000 procedures in over 1400 facilities across the United States, as well as operating in Canada, Chile and Peru.
This well-organized transportable concept has numerous advantages for medical facilities, physicians and patients:
- Additional revenue streams created without substantial investment in equipment or personnel
- Leading-edge technology
- Highly trained and experienced Imaging Specialists assist physicians and facilitate procedures
- Delivery, set up and retrieval of equipment will save dedicated space and eliminates maintenance contracts and equipment responsibilities
- Unlike mobile units that are set up in the parking lot, UMS delivers the equipment where the service is seen and perceived by your patients as an integral part of your medical center
- Flexible scheduling options are available to meet your specific needs
UMS is committed to full compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. To support this commitment, we have developed a Compliance Program. Our Compliance Program consists of comprehensive policies and procedures designed to ensure that the Company conducts business with high standards of ethics and integrity, and in compliance with all applicable laws.
Central to the Compliance Program is our Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct represents our core value of “Doing the Right Thing” and promotes our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all circumstances.
We recognize that our daily activities often require collaborative relationships with Heath Care Professionals. We understand that these relationships must meet high ethical standards and they must be conducted with appropriate transparency, and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and government guidance. This is why we have adopted the AdvaMed Code of Ethics on Interactions with Health Care Professionals.